Re: Exception while installing Oracle 9i on Redhat

From: FF <no_at_spam.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 02:06:40 +0100

Michael Reiche wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 22:53:27 +0100, FF wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I tried to install Oracle on my Redhat 7.3 computer. I set the variables,
>> installed JRE, created the users and groups. But there's an error during
>> the installation. It's in French, but here's an "approximate" translation
>> (anyway, the error message is very short):
>>
>> Error
>> Exception generated when an host's IP cannot be determined
>>
>> How can I solve this error?
>> Thanks
>
> Do you have the IP of your computer in /etc/hosts like:
>
> 192.168.1.2   mickey mickey.mydomain
>
> Where "mickey" is the name of your computer - the output of the command
> "hostname".
>
> /Reiche

When I type hostname on the server, I get the following result: server.localdomain

/etc/hosts contains:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost Is that ok? I don't see the word "server" anywhere is there!

/etc/resolv.conf contains:
search localdomain
nameserver 192.168.0.1
(192.168.0.1 is the server's IP)

I did not set de DISPLAY variable. I execute runInstaller.sh using ssh from a client machine. The X forwarding is ok. Received on Sat Nov 16 2002 - 19:06:40 CST