Help, Cross Realm and SSO

From: rhoward <rhoward102002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2002 16:34:53 -0800

I'm brand new to Oracle and am having some problems getting things to work. I'm not even sure this will work. From everything I have found in the manuals and the internet it looks like the adapter on the client and the server have to match.

This is my setup:
I have a MS 2000 KDC (Realm A) and a third party KDC (Realm B) setup. I have an XP client in Realm A, with the Net8 software installed and SQLPlus installed. The adapter installed on the client is Kerberos. The Oracle 8i server resides in Realm B. I have a test database set up on the Oracle 8i server called Oracle. I created the service principal on Realm B for Oracle/servername_at_REALM B. I also created a service principal on Realm A - Oracle_at_REALM A - and mapped it to the service principal on Realm B. The adapter installed on the server is a different from the client - this one supports the third party KDC that was implemented.

I keep getting a 'failed to retrieve credentials' error. Has anyone done this before? Am I missing something in the configuration files? Any help would be appreciated.

My SQLNET.ORA file on the Oracle server in Realm B is setup as follows:

AUTOMATIC_IPC=OFF
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)

sqlnet.authentication_services=(beq, thirdparty)
sqlnet.authentication_gssapi_service=oracle/servername_at_RealmB
sqlnet.kerberos5_conf=/krb5/krb.conf
sqlnet.kerberos5_realms=/krb5/krb.realms
sqlnet.kerberos5_keytab=/krb5/v5srvtab

My TNSNAMES.ORA file on the Oracle server in Realm B is setup as follows:

ORACLE =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = servername)(PORT =number))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = oracle)

)
)

INST1_HTTP =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = servername)(PORT = number))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = SHARED)
(SERVICE_NAME =oracle)
(PRESENTATION = http://admin)

)
)

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

)
)

My SQLNET.ORA file on the client in Realm A is setup as follows:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_KERBEROS5_SERVICE=Kerberos NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN=realma

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(beq, kerberos5, thirdparty)
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_gssapi_SERVICE=oracle/servername_at_REALMB
SQLNET.KERBEROS5_CLOCKSKEW=1200
SQLNET.KERBEROS5_CONF=c:\etc\krb5.conf
SQLNET.KERBEROS5_REALMS=c:\etc\krb.realms

My TNSNAMES.ORA file on the client in Realm A is setup as follows:

INST1_HTTP.REALMA=
(DESCRIPTION=
(ADDRESS_LIST=
(ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST=servername)(PORT=number))
)
(CONNECT_DATA=
(SERVER=SHARED)
(SERVICE_NAME=oracle)