Re: Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 2g per process memory limit

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:46:33 +1100

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:34:21 GMT, Ed Stevens said (and I quote):

> (BTW, this is the same project I mentioned in an earlier thread and was told to
> take my problems elsewhere. See the thread 'venting my spleen.')

Hehehe! Sounds like IGS is getting some heat for a change... ;)

Seriously though: I completely sympathize with you. Not too long ago an application vendor wanted me to explain why their database (setup according to their "mandatory requirements") had corrupt tablespaces.

I told their customer they needed to install patchset 3 for 8.1.7. It has a bunch of fixes for the specific problem they were experiencing. The bastards told the customer I was wrong and they were right (usual bullshit about "we know better"). Two weeks after I left the project they installed the patchset.

One wonders exactly how much is hidden behind these "we know better" attitudes... Still, it's the customer's fault for wanting to believe this sort of crap.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto