DBMS_AQ.LISTEN

From: Michael <migurd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2002 06:08:04 -0800

Hi,

I'm doing some investigations in order to find how to implement asynchronous transactions in my database. My examples work fine: I can start up a procedure which is listening "forever", and this is able to retrive my enqueued messages and dequeue them.

But there is one essential problem left: When I enqueue a message it takes between 1 and 10 seconds before the message is caught by dbms_listen and dequeued.

Can I manipulate this "feature" in order to have my messages processed somewhat quicker, or do I have another problem. And why this somewhat arbitrary delay?

The db is 8.1.5 running on IBM AIX

/Michael Received on Fri Nov 15 2002 - 08:08:04 CST