Re: can you reset the highwater mark on a tablespace

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:40:28 +1100

Tablespaces don;t have high water marks as such. You've just been unlucky that an extent is at the end of the datafile, and you can't resize below that.

Obviously, if I knew your Oracle version, I could provide specific advice. But I don't, so I can't.

But if you've a flavour of 8i, do a select table_name from dba_tables where tablespace_name='Your tablespace'. Then work through each table in turn doing a 'alter table X move;'. That should consolidate some extents, and the resize should go more successfully.