A little advice on Java from within oracle?

From: Simon Harvey <ReplyToGroup_at_thanks.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:04:21 -0000

Hi guys,

I've been looking into using the oracle jvm to do some basic serverside programming. In particular I want to get the database to send messages to java clients after certain events occur. Java seems to be my onlyoption as its the only language I know well enough and I dont have time to learn to much plsql by the deadline.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience of getting it to work? Will it be hard for me as a beginner just to get it doing something really simple.

I understand the basic idea of loading the classes, making the call spec and thena trigger. That all sounds fine.
The mian thing im worried about is if their are any other things i need to do. Do I have to set any permissions? I am the database owner so can do want i wasnt as its just for learning purposes.

Any advice on how I might get started would be really appreciated. Does anyone know of a nice simple program that would work. Could I do a Hello World app? Would that display in the SQL+ window?

Thanks everyone. Take care

Simon Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 14:04:21 CST