Oracle 8.1.7 on W2K Adv. Svr with 8gb RAM

From: Chuckster <chuckycarson_at_networkcloud.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:47:54 -0800

I keep hearing all this talk about W2K Advanced Server using more than 2GB memory. How? We are running Oracle 8.1.7.3.2 on W2K Advanced Server   SP2 with 8gb memory, we are unable to utilize more than 1.7GB for the SGA.

Also, if anyone is getting more memory usage, are you using MTS or dedicated connections?

Thx,
CC

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 10:47:54 CST