Re: DB2 entering Wall Street. Will Oracle be left behind??

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:27:32 +1100

Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:13:48 -0500, Serge Rielau said (and I quote):
> An outsourcing contract with IBM, does not automatically mean a change
> in the hardware or software. Just note the number of IBM Global

Of course not. But it means fat commissions for anyone in that outsource deal that manages to "sell" IBM in that account, no? Even to the point of "offering" them a "position" within the company...

> However, it is true that the financial industry is moving away from
> Sybase and that DB2 has penetrated this market with DB2 V7. This
> includes J.P Morgan.

Purely by accident.

The notion that IBM outsourcing is maker-agnostic is pure bollocks.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto