Re: Parameters that should be considered b4 creating a table in VLDB

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 14:44:23 -0800

"Jorge Meirim" <jorge.meirim_at_tmn.pt.remove> wrote in message news:<1037125620.456179_at_spynews5>...

> Can I get some brief help from you ? (Docs, white papers).

Ola', Jorge.

You need to consider what pattern of usage those 800 users perform. Like: are they all INSERT? UPDATE? Some DELETEs maybe? What balance of use. THat dictates how you should optimize the table allocation. I stress the word "optimize", it is not mandatory.

www.ixora.com.au has some of the best material you'll find anywhere and you can trust what you see there.

Cumprimentos
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Nov 13 2002 - 16:44:23 CST