Re: Where to download 8.1.7 Standard Edition?

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:38:49 GMT

"Brian Tkatch" <SPAMBLOCK_brian.tkatch_at_shopsforme.com_SPAMBLOCK> wrote in message news:6265tug1ujl21m6rudhfv7jdvd521i31rm_at_4ax.com...
> We are trying to upgrade from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7.
>
> I went to
> <URL:http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle8i/content.html>
> (otn, downloads from the left menu, Oracle8i under Archived Products)
> and it only lists "Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Downloads".
>
> So, I downloaded it, and ran it. However, I didn't see an option for
> installing the Standard Edition.
>
> Where can I download 8.1.7 SE?
>
> Brian

I think you get a SE installation using the EE disk if you don't install the Enterprise manager stuff like the Entreprise Manager Console and company. I quite am sure you can find some information in the Installation Guide about the differences of the two editions and customise your installation accordingly, but in the end you must download the EE anyway. Certainly some of the tools of the EE require separate licenses, that's all.

Hope it helps,
Flavio Received on Wed Nov 13 2002 - 16:38:49 CST