Re: db_block_size = 16K inflates tables

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:00:31 +1100

Not sure where you're coming from or what you're alluding to, but the smallest locally managed extent using autoallocate (an entirely separate issue from ASSM) is 64K.

So "smallest extents [sic] size is 1m" is just plain wrong.

And "with management auto" is so ambiguous, it's meaningless. Are you talking about extent management for the segment, or for the tablespace?

HJR "vob" <vbuehringer_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:aquh32$duk$06$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> hehe,
>
> your problem is with 16k blocksize
> smallest extents size is 1m , so every table starts with 1m
> with management auto
>

> "ivan vasquez" <ivan_at_itos.uga.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just installed a 9.2.0 instance for GIS applications (ESRI ArcSDE).
The