Re: Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition 8.1.7

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK_brian.tkatch_at_shopsforme.com_SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:57:17 -0500

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:44:25 GMT, "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca> wrote:

>Oracle recommends building a new database and use export/import. You can
>deinstall EE, install SE and then run catalog, catproc scripts, but you will
>end up having invalid objects created by EE that SE doesn't know about.

Thank you for the information.

I uninstalled EE and installed SE, and it worked. At least the DB stareted and I was able to run a very simple query on a table.

Why would I need to re-run the catalog and catproc scripts? I was assuming that EE had all the SE features plus more. So, aren't the SE used features already there?

As for having invalid EE objects in the SE DB, is that really a problem?

Brian Received on Wed Nov 13 2002 - 11:57:17 CST