Re: missing one non-system datafile

From: Steve Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 05:44:22 -0600

 Try this.
  Startup mount.
  alter database datafile 'filname' offline drop;   alter database open;

You may need to issue a recover database prior to opening. After opening the database you will need to drop the objects that were in the tablespace and then drop the tablespace the datafile belonged to, even if the tablespace had multiple datafiles. Therefore you will loose what was in it. If there was RI to the objects in it
it will be all hosed up, so there will be some cleanup to do.

Best of luck.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com
Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'