Re: Preventing Database for access

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:31:43 +1100

Well, personally, I think you are being highly immoral and (which is worse) totally unprofessional. The data is the clients', not yours. And how they access that data, and interact with it, is their choice, not yours.

If your front-end is so crap they ditch it for another, learn from the experience, and become so good at developing front-ends that no-one would *want* to ditch it.

The best you can do now, I think, is to be forthcoming and helpful in assisting the client in doing whatever they feel is best for them. That way, you seem helpful, accommodating, and professional -and maybe they will recommend you to others for precisely those qualities.

Go on in the direction you seem to suggest here, however, and I smell law-suits.

Regards