Re: oracle access problems with a linksys router installed

From: Dave Penn <djpenn3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:17:37 GMT

I have a similar problem. I've installed a Netgear FVS 318 router and now cannot get to the Oracle server either directly through the LAN or via the Internet (gives an ORA-12535 tns: operation timed out error), though internally the server's JSP applications (with hostname set to "127.0.0.1") can access the db just fine.

Oracle server (also JSP application server) is 8i Enterprise Edition running on Win2K. Has fixed (reserved) IP address in the router's LAN IP setup. Router sends all Internet traffic requests on port 1521 to this fixed IP address. Listener is set up at port 1521. Have tried setting up an additional listener at 1522 and connecting to it instead, but to no avail.

Clients are also Win2K.
Appreciate any help. I just want to be able to run another server as a development server that can connect to the 8i db when it needs to, preferable over the LAN. Would also like to be able to connect using SQL*Plus.

Thanks,
Dave Penn