Re: oracle access problems with a linksys router installed

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 00:27:35 GMT

Dennis Glorioso wrote:
> I installed a linksys router on the network to provide internet access
> to clients. This was replacing a proxy server s/w app. it was also
> necessary have server internet access ( for Nav Updates) The server
> has a static IP. After adding a gateway to the Server IP setup (
> required by Lynksys when using static Ip) my clients can no longer
> access the Oracle database hosted on that server. Any Idea how to
> resolve this situation would be apperciated.
You might be running into the "random port" problem. When a client connects to the DB server, it uses port 1521 (where the listener is). The listener then reassigns the communication to a "random" port (socket if WinNt/2k). There are several options, but I'll hold off until you say the above assumption is on track. Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 18:27:35 CST