ARCHIVELOG mode : Do I really need TEMP and RBS. Can't just recreate ?

From: Jorge Meirim <jorge.meirim_at_tmn.pt.remove>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:14:08 -0000

Do I have to backup these files?
Can't just recreate ? I'am starting to clone my main DB. Will it be inconsistent without these datafiles?
If possible, can I apply the same logic to index datafiles and just recreate them?. (TAPE to slow)
Where can I read some about?(This specific issue, I mean avoiding recovery - recreate the thing)
Regards,
Jorge Meirim Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 13:14:08 CST