Re: server doesn't want to start

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:15:48 GMT

Anatol Ogórek wrote:

> > And you read and followed the installation instructions without deviation
> > including setting the correct values for semaphores and shared memory?
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
>
> Actually I've read some tutorial about installing oracle, and not the docs
> :(. So, you think this is problem with semaphores, not with libraries
> incompatibility?

Then uninstall and reinstall. This time carefully reading and following the installation instructions. Tutorials are of extremely limited value. You must follow the instructions on the CD and on a UNIX machine that means with careful attention to the pre-installation instructions involved with setting up the Oracle user, the oinstall and dba groups, and the kernel settings. Otherwise failure is assured.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 10:15:48 CST