Oracle 9i to 8i problem

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:44:35 -0000

Morning MC,

to be honest, it looks like the import is fine - did the error occur at the end after the tables etc were imported ? I've seen something like this myself - this is the giveaway error :

>> PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.DBMS_LOGREP_IMP' must be declared

It looks like the last bit of the import is being done where it compiles procs, functions, packages and this is a simple PL/SQL error whereby a proc/fn/package has made a call to a routine it does not have privileges to do so. Whichever user you are imprting into needs to have privs given to sys.dbms_logrep_imp then you can simply recompile the offending proc/fn/package.

Looking at the 817 docs, sys.dbms_logrep_imp is not mentioned, nor does it appear in the list of packages under SYS on my 8174 database(s), however, it does appear under SYS on my 9iR2 (920) database - so it looks as if it is 9i specific. It is also not mentioned in the 9i docs, or on Tahiti.

There are a couple of jits on Metalink - problems importing into 9.01 from 9.2 - so it looks like the LOGREP stuff may be 9iR2 specific. Metalink says to ignore error on imports which relate to SYS or SYSTEM objects when going backwards between versions.

Looks like you are ok !

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar