Re: Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition 8.1.7

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:05:42 +0100

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:41:37 -0500, Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK_brian.tkatch_at_shopsforme.com_SPAMBLOCK> wrote:

>Oracle 8.1.7
>
>I was playing around with Oracle Enterprise Edition and had a database
>installed. I realized that I didn't need Enterprise, and figured that
>I might as well download the standard edition.
>
>1) Is there a place to download the Standard Edition? Or the Personal
>edition of 8.1.7?
>
>2) Is there a way to migrate from Enterprise Edition to Standard or
>Personal?
>
>Brian

  1. They currently can be downloaded at otn as usual, and are contained in one file, choice which edition to be installed to be made at installation.
  2. The only way is to deinstall Oracle 8.1.7 EE and to install Oracle 8.1.7 SE. Simple, is it not?

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Nov 11 2002 - 17:05:42 CST