Re: Verifying passwords have been changed in oracle

From: Stephen Harris <sweh_at_spuddy.mew.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:42:32 -0500

Kevin Grant <X.Tenag_at_znvyobk.th.rqh.nh> wrote:
> It is based upon the theory that a given password for a given username will
> encrypt to the same value no matter what the database or OS version. (I've

If this is true then it makes life a lot easier for me (and also makes oracle a lot more open to dictionary attack...). I plan on building an Oracle 9i install on linux tomorrow (which should therefore be sufficiently different from the Solaris system I'm testing) and see if this true.

Thanks!

--
                                 Stephen Harris
                              sweh_at_spuddy.mew.co.uk