Script to Create a Table of Oracle Errors

From: Jeremy Smith <alceste_at_xmission.xmission.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:50:01 +0000 (UTC)

I was trying to improve my Perl skills so I sucked down the Oracle 9iR2 online error manual and munged it a bunch to get a table of Oracle errors. I did an OK job, but I'm sure there is some missing text in the Cause or Action columns.

I put the sql to create the table out at http://www.xmission.com/~alceste/createerrortable.sql if anyone wants to use it. All disclaimers apply--in fact, I know there are some bad values in the cause or action column.

Some afternoon when I'm more awake I'll generalize it and fix the bugs but probably no time soon.

Jer Received on Sun Nov 10 2002 - 17:50:01 CST