Re: Standby database question

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:13:52 +0100

Datafile names do NOT need to be the same on the standby database. With nit.ora parameter DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT (V8.1.7) you can specify pares of strings to convert a name from primary to standby database.

The OS and the version and the Oracle software version need to be the same on the standby db.
So you can't have a standby db on Sun Solaris and the primary db on HP Unix.

Stephen Harris <sweh_at_spuddy.mew.co.uk> schreef in berichtnieuws 5tulqa.lnb.ln_at_spuddy.org...