Adding an instance to the oms server problem

From: A. Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:31:36 GMT

Fellow Oracle Netters,

I installed 9i in a RedHat 7.2 box.

At the end of the installation the db configuration assistant failed, mainly because I ran out of RAM. I added another 256MB DIM.

Then I used the dbca (database configuration assistant) and created a new instance. The instance was created and started (added to the /etc/oratab file) without a problem.

The problem is that the OEM (Enterprise Manager) is not recognizing it and since I didn't have any database initially, the OEM doesn't give me the option
of "add a database", since this database was created manually afterwards.

Is there a way to add manually created instances to the OEM?

Any ideas/suggestions/comments about this issue will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

  1. Fuentes 512-297-9937