Oracle/Windows Help

From: Chucky <chuck.carson_at_syrrx.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 15:04:21 -0800

I have been a Unix only DBA for a few years and have now been stuck with a Window server.

Just a few questions:
Does oracle on Windows use the ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID variables?

If I have more than one instance on a Windows box, how do a work with different SID's (assuming there is no ORACLE_SID variable)

I just installed 8.1.7 and had it create a starter database just to see the file layout. However, there does not seem to be any ORACLE_XXX vars defined.

Thx for any help,
CC

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Sat Nov 09 2002 - 17:04:21 CST