Re: rman copy archive logs

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 20:20:21 +0100

On Sat, 09 Nov 2002 18:04:22 GMT, "Terry Dykstra" <dont_reply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca> wrote:

>Can I use the RMAN COPY command to copy all my archive log files? All
>examples I've found seem to use BACKUP. Can I only copy hardcoded
>archivelog files?
>Neither 817 or 9.2 seem to have this option.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76990/rmansy14.htm#19675

You can not copy them to tape though, and you need to copy them one by one
so evidently you would need v$archived_log to generate an RMAN script.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Nov 09 2002 - 13:20:21 CST