Dropping a User with single-quote in the username

From: John Claxton <claxton_at_networkessentials.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2002 09:50:50 -0800

One of the developers at my site was using a tool to create database objects, including tables, users, etc. One of the users ended up with a single-quote as part of the username. i.e. Claxton,John. I have duplicated this with
SQL> Create User "Claxton,John";
However, when I try and drop the user
SQL> Drop User "Claxton,John";
I get:
drop user "Claxton'John"
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
ORA-06512: at line 7

I've tried escaping the single-quote, double quoting the single quote, single-quotes, triple single-quotes, etc, etc, etc. All to no avail.
Suggestions appreciated.
jc Received on Fri Nov 08 2002 - 11:50:50 CST