Re: 9i on hp-ux load grows to 10

From: Oracleman <user_at_domain.invalid>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 01:06:18 +0800

Hi,

In a way, your machine should run out of memory even at oracle8i. OS takes at least 130M(depends on setting, but around 130M on HP-UX 11 on my company), SGA(say100M), then over a half of your memory has already gone.... Our L2000 class machines run on Oracle 8.1.6 would have at least 1G RAM.

However, you are right, the loading at 9i should be high when logging in , especially if you are using things like label security functions.....

   Oracle will in fact read and write quite some records per login....