Re: Using Portal to display forms and reports?

From: Edzard <edzard_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2002 06:47:10 -0800

You need the 9ias Enterprise Edition and install the forms and reports servers. Then you can call forms and reports via hyperlinks. All necessary parameters may be included in the url:

- Oracle connect-string
- Form name
- Optional parameters.

Example for reports:
http://rappie:7778/dev60cgi/rwcgi60?server=Rep60_rappie&report=axrwclus.rdf&userid=rapier/rapier@rapr&p_1=10002&destype=cache&desformat=HTML

For forms:
http://rappie:7778/servlet/f60servlet?form=/u01/rapier/dstm6i/fmx/ptmenu.fmx&userid=rapier/rapier@rapr&otherparams=useSDI=yes&lookAndFeel=generic&colorScheme=teal

These URL's may be assemble in a html front-end or in Oracle Portal. But I lack experience with Portal.