Re: log file parallel writes question

From: srivenu <srivenu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2002 23:05:49 -0800

  1. I think a "log file parallel write" wait event is recorded by LGWR along with a REDO write statistic whenever it is writing redo (not file headers). Even for all the instances that i manage, the "redo writes" is equal to "log file parallel write". I think the LGWR does not record a "log file parallel wait" when it is writing to log file headers.
  2. Seeing that your log file sync is almost equal to user commits which is almost equal to redo writes, i think most of the work is done is a single session. You dont have many concurrent sessions.
  3. Seeing that the wait time for "log file sync" is bit smaller than "log file parallel write" i think you can avoid unnecessary check pointing by setting log_check_point_timeout to 0 and log_checkpoint_interval to 0 to disable check points.

Please correct me if i'am wrong.

regards
Srivenu Received on Fri Nov 08 2002 - 01:05:49 CST