Re: Verifying passwords have been changed in oracle

From: Stephen Harris <sweh_at_spuddy.mew.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:50:14 -0500

Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:09:28 -0500, sweh_at_spuddy.mew.co.uk (Stephen Harris) wrote:

>>  Option 1: attempt to connect as system/manager.
>>
>>  Downside: auditing of these accounts will be strict.  Showing additional
>>    login success or fail attempts will help obfuscate any real audit
>>    alert oddities.  Our security team has complained about this

> I'd use Option 1 and tell the security team to get over it. Coordinate with

I may have to.

> them so they KNOW when to EXPECT these entries.

Unfortunately this will be running in an automated environment so there's no guarantee of _when_ the attempt will be made. It could be once a day per database, or multiple times, and depending on the load the exact time will vary anyway. Ah well.

--
                                 Stephen Harris
                              sweh_at_spuddy.mew.co.uk