Re: TEMP tablespace problem

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2002 12:19:26 -0800

ni4ni_at_hotmail.com (Guy) wrote in message news:<d2eb532b.0211060820.636d12de_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thank you all, I found what the problem was.
>
> Apperently there is a bug in Oracle 8.17: when you define a temporary
> tablespace and set it to no-logging mode it doesnt clean !
>
> Ive checked it many times by running a large join in all possible
> situations and that was the conclusion. Now I set it to log mode and
> it doesnt grow anymore.

On my 8.1.7.2 (recently changed to 8.1.7.3), I changed my datafile-based temporary tablespace to nologging a long time ago. Never had your problem. But maybe we never run any "large joins in all possible situations". Can you find any reference on Metalink about the bug?

Personally I don't think there's any effect changing between nologging and logging for a datafile-based temporary tablespace.

Yong Huang Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 14:19:26 CST