Re: I want to be oracle master.

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:25:35 GMT

> I don't care what languages or systems get taught at university as long as
> the graduates come out with an ability to learn new concepts quickly, and
> an analytical mind. A general background in data structures & algorithms,
> concurrent systems and maybe some database theory might be useful.

Amen to that!!! I recently taught at a local college. I taught Data Structures. The pre-req was two semesters of programming. I had more than one student say that he couldn't write a program from scratch. They needed templates that their instructors always provided in the past. I was floored!!! It definitely soured my teaching experience.

Cheers,
Brian Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 13:25:35 CST