Re: Roles and tablespace quotas

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:50:59 GMT

Richard Bevan wrote:
> Is there a way of assigning tablespace quotas to a role ? I can see you
> can apply it to a user but would perfer to do it via a role.
>
> I am using Oracle Version 8.1.7 on Sun Sparc Solaris
>
> Thanks

Unfortunately, no. Your best bet is to place the quota commands in a script that you run whenever you create a new user. In fact, I use a create_user.sql script that prompts for username/password/role and performs the create user statement plus any additional stuff like setting quotas. Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 12:50:59 CST