Re: Large database backup with RMAN

From: Alistair Thomson <thomson_alistair_at_no.spam.yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:44:41 -0000

Hi

You might want to include the control file in the backup script. Although rman will copy the control file I don't think the database recognises it for some reason when you do a restore. So take a copy of the control file after you've done the backup database command. When you restore the control file will know about the last backup and things should go okay - worked for me.

Alistair