Re: connect slower than on informix

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 23:50:05 +1100

Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:51:10 GMT, Daniel Morgan said (and I quote):

> > why is the connect to oracle slower than to informix?
> > informix takes about 1 second and oracle about 7 seconds.
> > tested with sqlpus for oracle and isql for informix.
> >

> The problem is not with Oracle. It is with your set-up.
>
> Trace and examine all aspects of your connection.

and do a search in google for this newsgroup and the words "slow connection". The answer to your problem was explained here less than a year ago, if memory doesn't fail me. It is in the settings in your sqlnet.ora config file. Can't remember what the darn thing was, but as I said: check in google.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto