Dynamically loading data to Oracle 9i: SQL Loader???

From: Xiao <xiaoy_at_logica.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2002 04:54:41 -0800

I am required to design a data loading process to an Oracle9i.

Input: CSV files. The number of those may vary in each transaction. Output: update the data in the Oracle
Condition: A EJB container sits on the top of the Oracle server. It may connect to the database while trying to loading the data. The load process is automatic and runs as a nightly task.

I know:
The SQL Loader can load data in the CSV files to the database. I find a way to do so even if the input files are dynamic. Obviously it is risky to load data when other database connections remain, and it is risky to shut down EJB database connection pooling. On the other hand, I can not wait till the connections expire, because the connections may not expires for a long time.

I don't know:
What I need to do is a way to take over the connection to particular tables in the database exclusively. Can the SQL Loader do that?

Any thoughts,

Regards,

Xiao Yi Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 06:54:41 CST