How to remove starter DB?

From: Harry <a_at_abc.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 10:39:36 GMT

Had to uninstall Oracle 8i standard & install 8i Enterprise (just to get Intermedia working)

Did the full install as this has all the IM stuff enabled & works great. Unfortunetly the starter database is created & on my system the space it takes up is too much - 210mg+

I've imported my old data in to new tablespaces (on a different partition) & would like to remove the starter db's tablespace.

Q1. Is it DRSYS?

Q2. If I drop it will this effect anything else? - do I have to drop user(s) also, if so before,after?

Q3. Also noticed SYSTEM tablespace takes up 200mg+ - is there anything I can do with this to reduce it's size? - can't beleive it need this much

thanks in advance

harry Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 04:39:36 CST