Re: Storing Objects in Oracle Database?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2002 21:31:54 -0600

On 6 Nov 2002, javainsel_at_yahoo.de wrote:

> I am tired of these two separate worlds: Object Oriented Programming
> (Java) and converting the objects manually for storage in relational
> databases!

It sort of sucks when all you want to do is make sure the client has a pleasant experience interacting with the app you are writing, but the idea is to make sure your data's integrity is protected. This isn't an easy thing to accomplish but it also isn't an easy thing to get across to armys of OO programmers, the data is going to survive long after any application will, no matter how much the latest paradigm will promise you that its way is the only way.

I still get money from an IBM mainframe, cause it is alot more important to banks that my account isn't screwed up than it is that I have the world's most perfect banking experience.

--
Galen deForest Boyer