Re: I want to be oracle master.

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 03:15:29 GMT

A better command of English would help. You say you are in the UK and to me that means English. If you had said you were in a country where English is not the main language then I wouldn't suggest better English writing skills. I just helped one of the guys at work sort through a ton of resumes for an IT job - I am in the US - and we rejected a lot of resumes from people who did not take the time to:
1. Check their spelling.
2. Violated basic grammatical rules where complete sentences were expected. (eg the cover letter)
3. Left off the requested cover letter. (poor attention to detail, no writing sample)

Skills are important. However, good communication skills are part of the job. Use proper grammar for the language the job is in. I don't mean use "fancy" words, just clear communication. Think about the poor sod reading all those resumes. Make it fun, make it interesting, make it so they want to call you up and ask about your work experience. Make the resume, without lying, fit the requirements for the job.

Just trying to give you some constructive pointers. I hope it helps. Jim