Re: ESQL "C" Construct in Oracle?

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:12:22 +0200

ldog wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Informix supports the ability to define a cursor as a host variable in
> ESQL "C". Does Oracle provide this capability? If not, how would one
> best migrate an ESQL "C" application to Oracle "Pro C"?
>
> Thanks!
>
> LDog

Hi LDog,
It's been a long time since I used ESQL/C, and I've forgotten the syntax and use of cursor variables. However, Oracle's Pro*C also has cursor variables:

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/appdev.920/a97269/pc_04dat.htm#22884

Have you not looked at Oracle's Pro*C documentation? Did it not answer your question?

Avi. Received on Wed Nov 06 2002 - 00:12:22 CST