9i mobile server installation problems

From: Mihai Singer <mihaisinger_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 5 Nov 2002 19:51:57 -0800

Hello everybody,
I'm new to Oracle and tried to install 9i Mobile Server on a Win2k Server , using a 8.1.7 database installed on AIX. The installation was successfull (at least it reported so).
According to the docs, I didn't opt to install the repository, but instead I only gave it the host name, port, service name from the 8.1.7 database.
Now when I try to start the webtogo service it says it can't find the file specified (!!) without mentioning which file would that be. If I try starting the mobile server in standalone mode (by typing "webtogo" at a command prompt), it seems like it starts up, but when I try to access it from a web browser it says "WTG-10118:Mobile server is not running. WTG-10117:Please contact your system administrator." Could anyone please help?
Thanks a lot,
Mihai Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 21:51:57 CST