Re: Recommended OS for Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 23:09:46 +0100

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:13:29 -0800, Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_oracle.nospam.com> wrote:

>Niall makes an interesting point. I once read about a study of the
>various GUI client-server development tools in the early 90's which also
>included some more traditional tools e.g. COBOL, to find out if some
>tools were more 'productive' than others. Turned out that the choice of
>tool was almost insignificant compared to the degree of familiarity of
>the programming team with their tool.

Just had a discussion with my supervisor why a database we are going to administer is going to run on Win2k. There are 500 users, and all of the firm is expected to use it.
The answer was 'because the development team doesn't know Unix and they won't outsource the system completely'

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 16:09:46 CST