Overuse of DB Resources

From: Alek Voronov <voronov_at_milcse.cig.mot.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2002 05:57:04 -0800

any help on how SQL interface (SQL access from user or 3rd party applications) can be protected against an overuse of the Oracle DB Resources will be very appreciated!

that is, we have Oracle DB and various users (or 3rd party apps) which can access the DB via SQL. We have to limit these accesses to prevent 100% CPU utilization, full memory using etc (what else?). any tools available in Oracle to monitor system resources?

Thanks, Alek. Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 07:57:04 CST