Re: What to do if a logon trigger get invalidated ?

From: Hans Erik Busk <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 09:48:32 +0100

On 4 Nov 2002 09:11:28 -0800, Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote:

>>I have also tried "REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=EXCLUSIVE" with the same
>>result (i.e. insufficient priv, when logging in as / as sydba).
>
>This is probably pointing to the fact that you're using OS authentication
>without the necessary OS privileges. For example, on Unix you need to be in the
>DBA group (by default, anyway - that can be changed) to have connect / as sysdba
>work. On Windows, you need to be either in the ORA_DBA or ORA_<sid>_DBA group.

Oh - but I am member of ORA_DBA group.
Yesterday I tried with "REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=NONE", but when logging on (sitting at the server of course) I got "insufficient privileges" error
Haven't had that problem with 8.1.6 or earlier versions.

>No, the good old days were SQL*DBA, or even better the ior command! ;)

Well I have only been along since 7.3

I guess I can live with this, but it is annoying when things doesn't react the way I thought they should.
I will probably do some testing on a "clean" computer to figure out what is happening - when (if) i get time for it.

Hans Erik Busk Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 02:48:32 CST