Re: Incorrect Oracle Sysdate

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 07:37:43 +0100

I'm pretty sure it's read from the OS. If you use a tool like truss (Solaris) or tusc (HP) you can watch a couple of gettimeofday calls after doing the 'select sysdate from dual;'. On the other hand, the gettimeofday calls are being done very, very frequently, so it's not *really* sure they have to do with the sysdate select.
But then, if the time changes (start or end of DST) this changed date is being picked up by the database. So, although it's only 'cirumstantial evidence', but I'm quite sure the date/time is 'live' from the OS.

Peter

"tvf" <tvf1413_at_yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:e86dbafc.0211042131.47e591ec_at_posting.google.com...