Lob Segment Space Reclaim

From: dicky <ccmdicky_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:52:36 +0800

Hi there,
I got a touch question recently and hope you give me a hint to solve it. I have a 5G table with a lob column. Due to space limit, I have to achive and purge the records of this table and free more space for incoming records. More than half of the records in this table therefore had been deleted; however the outcome was disppointed -- only about 200M is released.

After investigated, the reason to this figure is the lob segment size of this table remains intact (>4G). Is there any way to reclaim/unallocate space from this huge lob segment, just like alter table ... unallocate ..?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Dicky Received on Mon Nov 04 2002 - 07:52:36 CST