Re: What to do if a logon trigger get invalidated ?

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 23:41:46 +0100

In this particular case, the underscore parameter mentioned is not so dramatic: you also need to set it when patching a database from 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.3 according to the patch installation instructions of Oracle... I normally would not have adviced such a parameter.

Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> schreef in berichtnieuws aq46bk080l_at_drn.newsguy.com...
| In article <nlr9su8ef1fre0j8v1mnhpb5rtj2kaiajv_at_4ax.com>, Hans says...
| >
| >On 31 Oct 2002 10:08:53 -0800, Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
| >wrote:
| >
| >>You should ALWAYS be able to log on as SYSDBA to fix this. Can you post
the
| >>results of trying to connect as SYSDBA with an invalid logon trigger?
| >>

| >I might have a problem as the "connect / as sysdba" does not work,
| >butwithout the logon trigger I can "connect sys/password as sysdba"
| >and also startup and shutdown the database
| >I have the "remote_login_passwordfile=SHARED" and
| >is a member of the ORA_DBA group
| >
| >C:\WINNT>sqlplus /nolog
| >
| >SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sat Nov 2 18:29:36 2002
| >
| >Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
| >
| >SQL> connect / as sysdba
| >ERROR:
| >ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
| >
| >SQL> connect sys/password as sysdba
| >Connected to an idle instance.
| >SQL> startup nomount pfile="d:\oracle\ADMIN\Mads9\pfile\init.ora";
| >ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first
| >SQL> shutdown
| >ORA-24324: service handle not initialized
| >ORA-24323: value not allowed
| >ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
| >SQL> startup nomount pfile="d:\oracle\ADMIN\Mads9\pfile\init.ora";
| >ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
| >
| >Hans Erik Busk
| What you have here is a combination of errors that have nothing to do with
an
| invalid logon trigger. The connect / as sysdba command fails because
| REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is SHARED. That means (and I quote from the
doc)
| "More than one database can use a password file. However, the only user
| recognized by the password file is SYS." IN other words, you can only
connect
| as SYS using SYSDBA. Reset the parameter to EXCLUSIVE and the connection
should
| work.
|
| The connect sys/password as sysdba is running into a different problem.
THe