Re: Oracle SQLNET through DSL connection

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 22:34:07 +0100

On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 19:29:17 GMT, Chris S <seebelow_at_nowhere.com> wrote:

>This could indicate (maybe) that our firewall/vpn host is blocking
>this traffic,

In my experience 12535 *always* point to firewall issues.

Did you set up
use_shared_sockets = true
in sqlnet.ora on the server?

If not, the server will open a random port to establish communications with the client.

Other methods to deal with this are

- use sqlnet proxy software in the firewall
- set up connection manager
- set up multithreaded server.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Nov 03 2002 - 15:34:07 CST