Re: How to find which subpartition is having THIS data?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:00:11 -0000

If the question is:

    given a row, e.g. by primary key, which partition is it in ?

You could get the rowid from the row, then call the dbms_rowid package to turn the
rowid into an object id, and then check against user_objects to find the (sub)partition_name of the object that had that id. I don't have a live system in front of me right now, but I hope this will give you enough clues.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminar dates:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )

____USA__________November 7/9   (Detroit)
____USA__________November 19/21 (Dallas)
____England______November 12/14

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

<44f08c9d.0211021249.1a962840_at_posting.google.com>...